- 24 peppermint candy canes
- 12 ounces premium dark, milk or white chocolate*
- Silver dragees (optional)
- Imperial Sugar® Gold ‘N Natural Turbinado Sugar (optional)
- Unwrap candy canes and set aside.
- Line 2 cookie sheets or cutting boards with plastic food wrap and place in a refrigerator.
- Chop chocolate into pea size pieces and place 2/3 of chocolate in a bowl. Reserve the remaining 1/3.
- Fill a medium saucepan with one inch of water and bring to a boil. Turn to very low simmer and place chocolate bowl on top. Using a rubber spatula stir chocolate to 115°F and remove from heat. Allow chocolate to reach 112°F
- Add remaining one third of chocolate and “smash” out the lumps using a rubber spatula. If a few stubborn lumps remain do not reheat chocolate! Any remaining lumps can stay in chocolate.
- Dip each cane into chocolate and place on plastic food film lined cookie sheets. Sprinkle immediately with silver dragees or roll in turbinado sugar.
- Place in refrigerator for 10 minutes and remove. Wrap and keep at room temperature.