Chocolate Spider Web
Serves: 10-12 small spider webs
- 1 cup (around 250 grams) of good quality Baking Chocolate (Dark, Semi Sweet, Milk) – whichever you prefer
- Parchment Paper / Trace Paper
- Piping Bags / Zip Lock Bag
- Pen & a Paper
DRAW THE SPIDER WEB STENCIL
- Depending on how big on small you want your spider webs to be and how many you want, draw the web as best you can on a piece of paper. OR you can find stencil online & print it out. This is what you’d use to guide you.
MELT THE CHOCOLATE
- Place the chopped chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. MW on high heat. Every 30-45 seconds, stop and stir the mixture to prevent burning of chocolate. Repeat the same until all the chocolate has melted completely
- Or You can also bring a large pot of water to a boil. Find another bowl that fits the mouth of the pot. Add the chocolate pieces in the bowl. Make sure the bowl is not touching the water. The steam will melt the chocolate (double boiler method)
- Mix the chocolate with a spatula a few times to cool it down a bit and make it smooth.
- Fill the piping bag/ zip lock bag with chocolate. Snip off the edge by ?th of an inch. Cut as small a hole as you can
MAKING CHOCOLATE SPIDER WEB
- Place a trace paper / parchment paper on the stencil. This makes sure that you can re-use the stencil. Also, since you have used a pen/pencil, using a parchment paper prevents the ink / lead from getting onto the chocolate
- Pipe out the chocolate tracing the web. Be quick with it since chocolate in liquid form will ooze out. If you are confident, you can draw the web without the stencil as well.
- Let the piped out Chocolate spider web rest at room temperature until the chocolate is set. It will take 15-20 minutes if you live in a humid / hot climatic place. Or you can pop it into a fridge for 5 minutes to quicken the process.
- Once the chocolate is completely set, carefully remove the spider web from the parchment paper. Or invert the webs and tear off the parchment paper.
- Keep it chilled until use. Decorate cakes, cupcakes, brownies and other desserts with these freakishly cute chocolate spider webs!